Saturday, April 3, 2010

We leave for Dallas in about an hour...hopefully.

Last night I was thinking about just how many trips I have gone on as either a youth minister or a youth ministry volunteer. So I went back in the deep recesses of my brain, which for some reason found a lot of empty space, and to the best of my knowledge, this will be the 53rd trip in 11 years. That's a whole lot of teen, let me tell you. Not only that, I have a WONDERFUL and SUPPORTIVE wife who gives up her time with me to be with teenagers. That's awesome, and you should tell her that too.

And there's always a point for every trip, and I'm in it right now, where I'm just like, uh oh and little bit overwhelmed by it all. Ranging from being responsible for kids safety to asking questions like, did the luggage trailer door get shut at the last pee stop?

But one thing I can say, is 52 out of 52 times, God has shown up, as if He was gone anyway. He's protected, He's taught, He's disciplined, He's given wisdom, and over all, He's loved.

I'm very excited to spend time with these kids, and above all, I'm excited to spend more time with our Creator.

Be praying about all this, and check back with how it's going.

No comments:

Post a Comment