Tuesday, April 13, 2010

More Dallas

I can't tell enough just how amazing this week was. How random people came up to me to compliment this group of teens because of how they acted in public, how hard they worked, and how they treated each other. This happened over and over again, every place from Babe's Chicken, to the North Texas Food Bank, to Hampton Inn in Little Rock. In fact, the front desk lady at Hampton (she was there both weekends and who had been working in the hotel since 1984), told me she'd never seen a group of teens so well behaved, she even went so far to say that most adult groups weren't as good.

Rest assured, our teens exemplified Jesus where ever they were and they made a diference in people's lives even when they didn't need to. I want to share with you a couple of the thank you cards we received.

"Dear Kentucky Volunteers,

I appreciate the improvements you made on my home. It was a lot of work. In talking to you, seeing your attractive appearance and good southern manners, I was overwhelmed.

As an older man, it was good to see that the good character of America is being carried forward by high quality youth.

You will always be in my thoughts, may God continue to be with you.

Sincerely,
Mike Robinson"

"For all that you are and all that you give, I thank you. I love you all."

Annie Parker

Don't be surprised to see some things change for God in the near future for your teen, and if they do, it's ok. I know it may be drastic and it may seem radical, but the last time I checked our God is the exact opposite of the world we live in. In following Him we look less like everyone else and more like a freak. It's going to be a very fun ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment