Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Wednesday for your head

Great day today!!! First things first, our student ministry is blessed to have some amazing volunteers. Teresa and Judy are just great, I know they are responsible (somebody has to be) and look out for our girls. I can't tell you how wonderful and caring they are AND how strict they are as well. I'm so thankful for them.

Tim and Tony, I simply don't have the words for them. Tony has been a volunteer in the student ministry for 6 years now and Tim for 5 and let me tell you, they love our students as much as I do and they don't get paid to do it. They are unreal and I love them deeply and am just so thankful to God for them.

Because of these 4, I am not blogging from Stupidbucks tonight, they made me blog from Bdubs, alone. And I know the kids are getting bedded down for the night as I'm typing this and they are taken care of.

There's always a point where everything comes together if it's going to, and today, it did. We tore our groups completely up so I'm not even going to try to explain that. But 20 of them came with me, Teresa, Judy, and CIY Brittney to the North Texas Food Bank where we packaged a bags for kids like the backpack program in Danville. We packaged 8 pallets of bags that feed children who get nothing during the weekend when they're not in school to feed some 6,000 kids...IN ONE SHIFT OF 3 HOURS. We were told normal groups package 10 pallets in 2 SHIFTS!!!

All the kids have gone to the food bank and they were so impressed by your kids, their work ethic, behavior, and demeanor has left a mark. In fact, CIY already received an email from the NTFB of compliments, be very very proud.

A group went with Tim, Tony, and CIY Ben to finish Mike's house and the rest went with CIY Matt to finish Annie's house. Both gave us thank you cards, I'll try to remember to post them tomorrow.

But get this, Mike's house had a broken mailbox and so our students wanted to buy him a new one, so we asked for donations, right at $200 was given. So we bought Mike a new mailbox and put it in and then used the rest to buy flowers for Annie (a WONDERFUL 82 year old lady) and planted them for her where ever she wanted. I wasn't there, but it was a very touching scene.

Be very proud of your kids parents, be very proud of your kids Indian Hills, there's something going on. Please encourage your kid to continue this when they get home. SPORTS do not matter, God isn't going to ask us if we got an A in Geometry, but today we helped those in need, we helped a widow in her distress, these are the things that God will ask. And these 34 students and us 5 adults can honestly say yes.

Tomorrow, the Homeless shelter and feeding program for my group, the rest are back to the food bank and to a 3rd house we started today that another elderly widow owns.

Keep praying, your kids are doing great and they are so awesome and I love them dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment