Friday, January 16, 2009

Life Ends

 "What if my love was loud, sharing this joy I've found?  Could hearts refrain from giving praise? What if I followed You, knowing You'd see me through?  Would I have anything to fear?  Cause there must be more than this!  Yes, there's something more than this!!!!!!"  

  This is the opening from an awesome worship song written by Matt McCoy, this song speaks directly to what I'm thinking, directly to the point that I'm at in life.  I absolutely love this song!!!

  I was with 3 friends tonight, we went to watch some Jr. High girls play in an indoor soccer game (which is surprisingly entertaining) and we decided that since there was a Steak-N-Shake near by, we'd eat there.  After dinner we had to get on good 'ol I-75 for a quick jaunt as we had to go to the other side of town.  As I was merging on to the interstate (yes, I ALWAYS drive Kaely) there was a tremendously large truck in the right lane, and not being very familiar with Richmond, KY, I thought my lane continued to the next exit...well...it pretty much didn't.  I said, 'Holy crap, lane ends here."  To which Ty, who was sitting in the front passenger seat replied, 'Life ends here.'  Which was kind of funny to me.  

And got me thinking about our song by Matt McCoy.

"Help me to stand.  Help me be real.  Help me feel the wounds you feel.  What would it take for this heart to break  for You?  I longing to be, I'm willing to find deeper meaning in this life."  

How awesome would it be if we all lived in a way that we stood, that we were real with God, ourselves and each other.  If we saw the hurt, if our hearts broke for stuff that matters?  Could you actually imagine if everyone who claimed to be a follower of Jesus actually did these things?  If money, sports, our jobs just weren't as important as following our Creator?  Even death and sickness would no longer have the hold it does on us because it just wouldn't hurt as bad.  That we live to the point that when we die, when it's time for us to go, we've brought and added to the fame of Christ?  

The bridge of this song says: "What if my pride fell down?  Releasing of this crown.  Would I reflect the Grace You give?"  

And I LOVE the next part because it encourages US to take control of our situations, to get up from the hurt, from the mistakes...from the pain.  It says, "What if I took a stand, raising the flag again?  Could I be used to bring You fame?"

The answer is of course...YES!   There's so much more to this life, so much more to what's right before us, so much more than money, family, friends, EVERYTHING!!!  

WHO'S WILLING TO FIND THE DEEPER MEANING? 

1 comment:

  1. i'm definitely willing...i just don't know how.

    i used to think that i had but i'm starting to realize that you can always go deeper...

    ReplyDelete